Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy in Leesburg, VA
Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) using bio-identical hormones is a safe, effective, and natural solution for improving the symptoms of hormonal imbalance. Men suffering from low testosterone (low T) commonly use HRT to restore their vitality. Women suffering from hormonal imbalance utilize hormone therapy to improve the symptoms of menopause or perimenopause.
Benefits of BHRT
- Natural hormone therapy
- Chemically identical hormones
- Popular anti-aging therapy
- Advanced pellet delivery system
- Long-lasting results (3 to 5 months)
- Improves the symptoms of andropause (low T)
- Improves the symptoms of menopause
- FDA approved
- Scientifically proven safe and effective
- Fast, convenient, pain-free procedures
- Decreases the risk of specific disease/illness
Is Hormone Replacement Therapy Right for Me?
Hormone depletion is a naturally occurring consequence of aging. As such, many women and men over the age of 35 suffer from some level of hormonal imbalance. A helpful way to determine if hormone therapy can alleviate your symptoms of aging and help you feel like a younger version of yourself is by taking the quiz below.
Hormone Replacement Therapy for Men
Testosterone levels in men decrease with age, beginning in the 30s. This is known as andropause and is characterized by the depletion of testosterone. Low Testosterone (Low T) impairs the way a man looks, feels, and performs. Symptoms of low T in men include hair loss, loss of muscle mass, impaired sexual function, impaired work performance, impaired cognitive ability, poor sleep, poor mood or depression, increased risk of disease, and a higher mortality rate.
HRT using bio-identical hormone pellets from BioTE offer customized levels of bio-identical testosterone, and other hormones, to bring a man back into balance.
Benefits of HRT for Men:
- Increase libido
- Improve sexual function
- Improve mood (reduce depression, anxiety, irritableness)
- Restore cognitive function
- Improve memory and concentration
- Better sleep
- Enhance stature + strength
- Restore muscle mass + bone density
- Improve performance at work
- Improve cholesterol levels
- Improve blood sugar regulation
- Decrease the risk of cardiovascular disease
Hormone Replacement Therapy for Women
Hormonal imbalance in women can happen at any age. However, it is most prevalent in women over the age of 35 as they undergo perimenopause and menopause. A significant portion of “age-related” issues that plague women can be attributed to depleting hormone levels, specifically depleted oestrogen (estrogen,) progesterone, and even testosterone.
Hormonal imbalance can significantly impair your standard of living and make you feel much older than you are. Symptoms of hormone imbalance in women include trouble sleeping, weight gain, hair loss or hair thinning, vaginal dryness and atrophy, painful intercourse, hot flashes or night sweats, thinning skin, fine lines and wrinkles, cognitive impairment or poor memory, increased risk of disease, and a higher mortality rate.
Fortunately, Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy offers a safe and effective solution for women with depleted estrogen and progesterone levels.
Benefits of HRT for Women:
- Scientifically proven to be safe. FDA approved
- Quick, painless, and no downtime
- Naturally restore estrogen and progesterone levels
- Alleviate symptoms of aging and menopause
- Reduce night sweats and hot flashes
- Improve cognitive functioning (memory)
- Improve depression + reduce mood swings
- Increase libido + improve sexual functioning
- Improve sleep
- Restore bone density and muscle mass
- Decrease the risk of heart disease
- Decrease the risk of osteoporosis
- Slow down weight gain or thinning hair
How Much Does HRT Cost?
Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy is customized to meet the specific needs of each patient. Therefore, HRT cost varies per individual. During your consultation, we will discuss prices in detail. We will also share more ways to save on hormone treatments and detail available financing options.
What Are Bioidentical Hormones?
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) utilizes hormones that are chemically identical to testosterone, estrogen, or other hormones produced by the body. Because Bioidentical hormones share the same molecular makeup of our own hormones, many people refer to BHRT as natural hormone therapy.
BHRT with BioTE
To ensure patients receive the highest quality treatment during their Hormone therapy, Dr. Tajkarimi provides BHRT using pellets from BioTE Medical. The renowned medical training company is an industry leader in hormone optimization, and the only nutraceutical line explicitly formulated to improve hormone health.
What Are Hormone Pellets
Hormones may be administered via injections, topical creams, transdermal patches, or hormone pellets. Most hormone specialists recommend hormone pellets above other methods of administration. Pellets consist of a bioidentical hormone, concentrated down to a pellet the size of a tic-tac. The pellets are specially designed to slowly release a consistent amount of hormone over a prolonged time. Typically, pellets last between 3 to 5 months.
Pellets provide a better delivery system than other methods of HRT in several ways.
- Fast, painless procedure
- No downtime
- Convenient (no injections, gels, patches, or creams to deal with)
- Consistent release of hormones
- Customized dosing
- Long-lasting effect
- Requires fewer office visits
Before your Hormone Replacement Therapy, Dr. Tajkarimi performs a blood test to customize your hormone pellet towards your specific needs. Once formulated, Dr. Tajkarimi implants the pellet subcutaneously (beneath the fatty layer of skin) near the hip. Local anesthetic ensures the placement of the implant is comfortable and pain-free. The procedure typically takes 15-minutes to complete.
Hormone Replacement Therapy Near Me
If you are ready to live optimally, HRT may be right for you. Learn more by scheduling a complimentary virtual online consultation with Dr. Tajkarimi. As the premier hormone specialist in northern Virginia and greater Washington DC, Dr. Tajkarimi can help you feel better, look better, and live better. Contact Dr. Tajkarimi online by filling out the form below or call (703) 337-3353 today.